Get a solid introduction to Drupal 7 in one day. Learn about the most essential features and concepts of Drupal through hands on activities. By the end of this day you will be familiar with Drupal terminology and be able to identify how Drupal sites are constructed. You will know how to identify and choose modules to get the functionality you need.
This course serves as a prerequisite to Acquia's Drupal for Site Builders course.
An understanding of a Content Management System is helpful. Experience using and building websites using systems such as Wordpress, Joomla!, or HTML and CSS.
Because this class will be an overview and not an in-depth course, it is perfect for people who are on the fence about using Drupal or who are looking for a hands-on introduction.
By the end of the training you will be able to:
- Configure and set up a basic Drupal site.
- Select, install and configure modules and themes from Drupal.org
- Create content and configure content types, Create listings of content.
- Manage user roles and accounts.
- Manage aliases and URL paths.
- Create blocks and place them in the layout
What is provided:
Some events provide lunch and refreshments. Check the individual event listings for details.
Participants will receive a printed manual which outlines step-by-step activities.
Depending on venue, participants will either be provided with a sandbox environment in a computer lab, or they will use their own computers.